This is exactly what Minnesota looks like today! It is still dark outside as I am up early to write my blog this morning, but gazing out the window at the yard light creates a euphoria all it's own...it is like the best snow-globe you can imagine. I now pack up my denial that winter is coming, put it in a box, and stow it away for awhile...winter is here! Life is just too short to buck the system, but gosh just think about the possibilities if you could control the weather ; )
BIG NEWS FIRST! Today through Cyber Monday, we will offer our last sale of the year....10% off EVERYTHING! Whether you are finishing, starting, or somewhere in between with your shopping list - we invite you to shop Bonnie Mohr Studio and save 10% off everything and anything you purchase for the next 6 days. Please give us a call at 320.864.6642 if we can help you with anything! (but the weather of course, ha)
Mostly, I am thankful on this Thanksgiving Eve day for so many things. Family, friends, good health and you - thank you for sharing in my journey as an artist and giving me the opportunity to share what is in my head and heart and hands, with you. I wish you love, peace and time to be with your families and the people you love this Thanksgiving!
There are a million other things to be thankful for too. It's true - as we get older, we really do start to appreciate both the big and little things even more! Not that I'm getting old, but older than I used to be! Here is my list of '25 other things' that I am thankful for!
- Shoes - for all that I own and hope to own in the future
- Stillness - and the power it has to renew you
- Dogs - they love you and are happy to see you, no matter what
- Happy Hour
- Laughter - you can never ever laugh too much
- Warm socks
- A good cup of Coffee
- Finding money in your pocket of last year's winter coat
- Color - it makes the world so much prettier
- My dishwasher
- The person who unloads my dishwasher
- Christmas music - actually, all music
- Good employees (I have 5 of these ; )
- Wine. Wine. Wine.
- Homemade pumpkin pie (or Schwan's in a pinch)
- Fresh cut flowers
- Children, because they are hilarious & brutally honesty
- Church, try it - you'll like it
- Indoor plumbing - especially if you live where there is snow and mosquitoes
- The Farmer's Market
- Pick-up Trucks - they are a necessity to life
- Clean water
- Patient and knowledgeable clerks
- Butter and Ketchup, on everything
I know, there are 26, but I just couldn't omit the butter and ketchup thing!
Have a happy beautiful day everyone!!
Thankful for you,
PS. For those who follow my blog...no, I did not find my outdoor Christmas lights. Now, I have two sets of outdoor lights - the new set I bought and put up and the old set which is hiding somewhere :/ If however, you are the person who came and stole my outdoor Christmas lights - go ahead and put them up, they work great ;)