Today we kick off our official 'Mother's Day Celebration' give-a-way! I know it is still two and a half weeks away - but let's get the ball rolling! We are talking about the woman of the house who does it all, the glue that holds it all together, the middle person of every controversy, the one keeps the social calendar and keeps everyone on schedule, the one who is still doing dishes and picking up everyone else's clothes while everyone else is settled on the couch at the end of the day! It's so simple - CLICK HERE to LIKE us on Facebook, SHARE our post, and comment three words that best describe your mom! If you don't have Facebook feel free to shoot us an e-mail. The lucky winner will be announced one week from today - winner will receive a free print of their choice valued up to $80!
SAVE THE DATE - another big deal here! Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 7th for our Spring on the Farm Open House! We will be hosting a fun event, with in-house specials and baby farm animals for the kids to see! And food? Of course, the famous Becky Bakes muffins will be here for your enjoyment! See all the details HERE!
Now, just how does a person keep up with the busy pace of life, especially in the spring when the TO DO list seems even longer than usual? I'm not sure either some days, but I would like to share a few things that seem to help me embrace the chaos! Here you go.....I hope some of these helpful hints will help you!
1. Get out your crock pot! Every time I get out my crock pot, create a simple but fantastic meal in it, I feel like I have just reinvented something big! Why don't we use our crock pots more often folks? You can literally put almost any combination of food in there at 7 or 8 am, and it will be ready (and delicious) by around 4 or 5 pm. Yesterday, I made Crockpot Lasagna!! So simple, and SO delicious! It only took 20 mn. to prepare. Here is the recipe ;) Enjoy!
2. Engage your kids and spouse. When my list is too long - I round up my helpers and give them a choice: Would you like to run the laundry or unload the dishwasher? This avoids them saying no! It was not a 'yes' or 'no' question, so they can't say no! If you have two engaged players...flip a quarter - that way there is no arguing!!
3. Keep a TO DO list! You may not get everything done on it for that day, but you will accomplish more by having a list than not. Extra tip: create it the night before - it helps you feel more prepared when you get up in the morning.
4. Clean out your junk drawer! You know it, we all have one - usually located in the kitchen! Once you get that cleaned out, pick one drawer or cupboard to clean out daily. Pitch the junk and un-useful items - you will be surprised how quickly you can start to declutter your house taking it one task at a time ; )
5. YOU TIME. That's right - do not short yourself on your sleep, 20 minutes of exercise each day, and some fresh air. Take time to get out doors every day, even if it is 10 minutes - all three of these things are scientifically proven to keep us healthier, happier and more productive!
Charge! Have a great day - thanks for reading,