August 23, 2022 recipe
Easter Carrot Poke Cake
- The 9x13 Carrot Cake recipe of your choice, baked and cooled (I used a box mix)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 10.6 oz Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting (Cream Cheese flavor if your store carries it, mine doesn't)
- 6 oz of whipped cream cheese
- Approx. 1/2 cup caramel sundae sauce
- Approx. 1 cup chopped pecans
- Leave the cake in the dish it was baked in-- this is not a free standing cake.
- Poke approximately 20-25 holes, spread evenly, over the top of the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over top, trying to fill the holes as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cool whip, the cool whip frosting, and the whipped cream cheese until smooth. Spread over top of the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce over top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, really overnight is best.
- Cut into 12 squares to serve (you can cut more, 1/12 is a pretty large piece!).
- Cool Whip Frosting is not the same as cool whip. But you can find it right beside the cool whip in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Recipe & Photo Credit: http://www.somethingswanky.com/better-than-easter-carrot-cake-poke-cake/