It's the most wonderful time of the year! Congratulations to Kristen Fagundes from California, she is the lucky winner of a framed Bonnie Mohr print of her choice, valued up to $250 from our recent online sale opportunity. Oh what fun to give - we hope you will enjoy your new print and find a treasured spot in your home for your new art print!
Next - I would cordially like to invite you to our next Holiday Gala Event! This weekend, Friday and Saturday at the Bonnie Mohr Studio. It is officially 'get busy and shop because Christmas is only 23 days away' season.....we have our biggest selection of framed art, cards and new giftware in the shop EVER!! Join us for wine and cheese tasting this Friday from 4-7 pm, and the famous Becky Bakes cookies both days! Come visit the cows and enjoy a relaxing drive in the country - click HERE for more details!
In the midst of holiday chaos, I mean 'tradition' - I find myself teetering between 'I got this' and 'there is no way...........', and so I have created a 'Holiday Survive and Thrive' list for myself and you!
1. Start your day right! Choose a cup that makes you feel happy - no matter what your beverage of choice is, drink from a cup that makes you want to sing and dance around the kitchen. My new favorite is my Ree Drummond coffee cup, aka The Pioneer Woman! Beautiful, light weight and warms up great in the microwave without getting hot.
2. Drink a glass of water first.....yes, do this before #1 - if you do nothing else healthy for the rest of the day, get hydrated and flushed with a glass of water as soon as you hop out of bed in the morning!
3. Do not pull your hair out....even if you are tempted. It is a proven fact that people with missing hair patches get less presents from Santa for Christmas!
4. Do even one thing, out of the ordinary, today, to help someone. The feeling you will get from this....this is what Christmas is really all about.
5. Do not Grinch out - it really is the merriest time of the year. Focus on spending time with friends and family, playing cards or fixing a puzzle together, and treat yourself to a glass of cheer whenever necessary to help you execute this plan peacefully and calmly!
6. Take it from Bob Hope, who said, "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: love others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?"
7. Forgive someone. It starts in your heart, and it is the best time of the year for forgiveness and will put a new perspective on this season.....and that feeling you will get - that's what Christmas is really all about.
8. Get moving.....head to the gym, even if you don't go, now is a great time to start. This stress and tension relieving experience will make you feel great emotionally and physically - at the very least, it will get you out of the house and away from the fudge, cookies and fruit cake.
9. Tradition and Change - both are good! Accept, enjoy and embrace this holiday no matter what your circumstances, a good balance of tradition blended with joy and thankfulness of the 'now' helps us to find the most pleasure in the season.
10. Buy a Bonnie Mohr print for someone this Christmas....better yet....buy one for yourself - you'll be glad you did.
Happy December everyone - the Cheer is on!